A request for a return must be made within 14 days of receipt of the item. If you have not received your item within 14 days of ordering and we have not contacted you in that time, you must contact us immediately as we always obtain proof of postage and will start an investigation. After you have confirmed you wish to return you have 14 days in which to send the return.
Returned items must be:
- Unworn – unless for trying on purposes only
- In the original packaging
- Complete with any extras that come with the product (eg laces, free gifts associated with the product)
To return items please note below
- Returns can only be made if they are requested by the person placing the order.
- Returns must have a valid order number from Highland Dance Shop and this number must be included with the return product. Not having a valid number will delay the refunding process.
- Highland Dance Shop are not liable to any return fees as due to the scale of our business we are unable to offer a free return service.
- We recommend you get a proof of receipt for your return to ensure if it goes missing you have a trail to check.
- We are unable to accept returns for briefs if they have been tried on as we would be unable to sell these again.
Process for returning
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org your request for a return, quoting your order number and date of ordering.
- You will then be given the address to return the item to.
- This will start the process of us waiting for your return.
- If your return is not received within 7 days, we will contact you to let you know so that you can check up with any couriers/postal service.
- After 14 days we will contact you if this is not received and let you know we are closing your return request.
Once your return is received and inspected, we will process your refund within 5 working days.
Refunds will be processed using the method of payment you used. If you used PayPal it will be through their mechanism. If it is bank transfer we will email you to ask your bank details so we may return the cost directly into your account. Please note we cannot refund you to a different method of payment.
Late or missing refunds
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account/ Paypal. .
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com
All items can be returned however if we are selling sale items due to a fault, you are buying this clearly aware that this fault exists and cannot message us later claiming the item is faulty.
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. Otherwise, if the item is just the wrong size, please reorder the correct size and we will post out to you. This allows for us to maintain more accurate stock through our system. For the item you wish to return, please go through the return policy above.
Please ask the gift giver to return the item as unfortunately we are unable to offer returns that have not been made via the purchaser.
Please note all items are inspected prior to sending out but on some occasions something might slip through the net. We ask that you check all items as soon as they arrive so we can replace any faults immediately.
If you can prove the item was faulty when it was purchased then we are happy to investigate with the manufacturer and supplier if this can be repaired or exchanged. Newly received items will be exchanged if stock is available. If no stock available we will refund you. You have 6 months in which to say something was faulty however if time has passed we may only be able to offer a repair and not a replacement:
- An item is not faulty if the fault was caused due to accident or user misuse or due to natural life cycle of the product.
- There should be clear evidence that the item has not been misused and that it was faulty at time of purchase.
- Many of our items come with suggestions about how to use properly, if these guidance notes are not followed, the item may become damaged but was not faulty at time of sale.
- Swords should retain a level of oil on the blade and away from moisture to avoid rust.
- Shoes that are bought to then stretch, are unable to be returned due to the stretching causing the default.
- Using a rear lace loop to pull shoes onto the foot is not a fault. But if the shoe is unworn we can clearly see this would have been a fault.
- All items will be examined on return to check for misuse, accidental damage and compared to the product going out of the shop at time of ordering.
- We will request some level of confirmation/proof that you purchased the item from Highland Dance Shop.
- To notify us of a faulty item, contact us as soon as the fault happens and immediately stop using the product. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and request a return.
- All faulty item returns should be paid for by the purchaser, and if on inspection the item does appear to be faulty we will refund that postage. If the item is not deemed to be faulty we will contact you to discuss further options.
Contact us at email@example.com for questions related to refunds and returns.